Bali is a well-known island in Indonesia for its forested volcanic mountains, iconic rice paddies, beaches, and coral reefs. This island has religious sites, such as Uluwatu Temple, also beautiful and famous beach side city named Kuta, Seminyak, Sanur, and Nusa Dua.
This famous tourist spot is now accessible with toll over the sea since 2013. Not only as Indonesia’s first toll built on the sea, this road also has other unique facts.
- Before named Bali Mandara, Made Mangku Pastika as the Governor of Bali proposed two names, Bali Mandara and Soekarno-Hatta.
- The construction process of 12,7 km toll road above the sea only took about 1 year 2 months.
- This toll provides lane for motorcycle on the left and right side of the road.
- This toll is closed when the wind speed reaches 40 km or more to avoid risks, plus it is located above the sea (adds dangerous factors to close the road)
- Many mangrove fields were trimmed for construction process, but soon planting 16.000 mangroves after construction is completed.
source : http://bobo.grid.id/Sejarah-Dan-Budaya/Budaya/6-Fakta-Unik-Jalan-Tol-Terindah